A. OWNERSHIP OF PRODUCT AND COPYRIGHT
1. The digital files downloaded to your computer contain font software that is the intellectual property of the font’s respective designer, represented herein by B&P Buechi et Party Type Foundry, d/b/a b+p swiss typefaces. It is owned by b+p swiss typefaces. You have purchased a non-exclusive license which grants you certain rights to use the font software. It is not an agreement for sale of the font software or any portion of it.
2. You agree that the font software is owned by the font’s designer and b+p swiss typefaces, and its structure, organisation and code are the valuable trade secrets of b+p swiss typefaces. You acknowledge that the software is protected by the Copyright Laws of Switzerland, the United States Copyright Law, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties. You agree to treat the font software as you would any other copyrighted material, such as a book, a musical recording, a motion picture, or a work of art.
3. Except for your right to use the font software granted by this license, all other rights, the title of the font software, related trademarks and trade names are owned and retained by b+p swiss typefaces.
B. LAWFUL USE OF PRODUCT
1. When purchasing any software from www.swisstypefaces.com, you obtain a license to install the software (hereafter referred as “fonts” or “typefaces”) on the number of computers which is specified by you in your order. One license authorizes you to install the corresponding font software on up to 4 (four) computers which belong to the company stipulated by the licensee. These computers can be connected to, and the font software used with, any number of output devices, such as a laser printer, ink jet printer, an imagesetter or a film recorder, but the font software may be downloaded to the memory (hard disk or RAM) of only 1 (one) output device for the purpose of having such font software remain resident in the output device.
2. You may, for a defined time period, provide a copy of the font(s) you have used for a particular file to a commercial printer, a service bureau or other pre-press facility in the scope of a defined project. Your personal license is not transferred to the company or people in question and the font may be used exclusively in order to accomplish the work specified in the contract between you and the company. Once the job is completed, the files shall be deleted from the company’s computers.
3. In order to transfer digital files over private computer networks, you are entitled to embed the licensed fonts in a secured read-only mode, on the condition that you secure embedded documents against unauthorized use by any third party, such as extracting the software or using the embedded licensed fonts for editing purposes or the creation of a new document.
4. You are not authorized to sublicense, sell, lend or lease the font software, but you may permanently transfer your rights under this License Agreement to a third party; provided that
4a. you transfer your copy of this Agreement, the font software, and all original documentation (including proof of purchase) to the third party,
4b. the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement,
4c. you refrain from using the software consequently and destroy all of your copies of the font software,
4d. you notify b+p swiss typefaces by email that such rights have been successfully transferred to a third party, stating the full name and the complete contact details of such third party.
5. You may not use any original b+p swiss typefaces software file to create a derivative or modified product or design.
6. You may not convert or modify the original font software under any circumstance.
C. STANDARD USER LICENSE / MULTI-USER LICENSE
1. Upon full payment of the agreed-upon usage fee, b+p swiss typefaces grants the licensee the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to simultaneously use or store the font software – provided said software has been released at time of delivery or upon payment made by the licensee – on a maximum of 4 (four) computers which belong to the same company stipulated by the licensee.
2. In the event that extensions to the above-mentioned restriction become necessary, the licensee must purchase additional licenses.
3. The licensee may install the font software on a single file server for use on a single Local Area Network (LAN) only when the use of such font software is limited to the workstations and printers that are part of the licensed unit of which the server is part.
4. The font software may NOT be installed or used on a server that can be accessed via the Internet or another external network system (a system other than LAN) by workstations which are not part of a licensed unit.
5. For the exclusive purpose of data backup, additional copies of the font software can be made.
D. WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
1. Limited Warranty: For a period of 10 (ten) days after delivery, b+p swiss typefaces warrants that the font software will perform in accordance with the specifications published by b+p swiss typefaces. Your exclusive remedy and the sole liability of b+p swiss typefaces in connection with the font software is repair or replacement of its defective parts within the 10-day period after delivery. The warranty does not apply to any font software converted, manipulated or modified by the user.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties: Except for the limited warranty set forth in clause D1, b+p swiss typefaces makes no other warranties, express or implied. The warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability are specifically excluded. b+p swiss typefaces does not warrant the performance and result you may obtain by using the font software and accept no liability thereto.
3. Limitation of Liability: In no event will b+p swiss typefaces be liable to you for any consequential, indirect, incidental, punitive or special damages including any lost profits, lost data or lost savings.
THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SWITZERLAND. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
For inquiries regarding retail fonts, please contact us at sales[at]swisstypefaces.com.